Admit it fellow college students. You have the tendency to snatch packets of peanut butter, cups of applesauce, fresh apples, and bags of oatmeal from the cafeteria on occasion. I understand; it’s a hungry life for some of you. I have good news! With just these ingredients, you are almost completely prepared to make a yummy snack. All you need to add is an oven (which is likely located in the communal kitchen down the hall) and you are set!
- 1/2 apple, skinned and diced into miniscule pieces ( I use Red Delicious)
- 1-2 Tbs. Peanut Butter (it really depends on how much of a peanut butter flavor you want)
- 1/4 cup applesauce (approximately. I use 1/2 of an individual container)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- mix the applesauce and diced apple
- melt the peanut butter slightly in the microwave (about 30 seconds) and stir it in
- add oatmeal and stir until all of it is coated with the apple-peanut butter mixture
- bake approximately 12 minutes or until granola is light brown
- allow to cool on pan and continue crisping up
- eat and enjoy!