I have developed an obsession with overnight oatmeal. Not only is it extremely tasty, but it also makes my mornings quick and easy. I just grab my container of oatmeal and eat, no cooking necessary.
Last night, I developed the easiest ever overnight oatmeal recipe. All I did was mix together a some yogurt, oatmeal, and a splash of milk. This morning, I had thick, creamy oatmeal to enjoy.
- 6 oz. flavored yogurt (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
- splash of milk
- In a sealable container (such as a mason jar or Tupperware bowl) combine all ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Eat in the morning with any desired toppings.
Flavor and Topping Ideas:
- Apple turnover yogurt with extra cinnamon.
- Banana cream pie yogurt with peanut butter.
- Cherry yogurt with chocolate chips.
- Cinnamon roll yogurt with raisins.
- Key lime pie yogurt with strawberries.
- Raspberry lemonade yogurt with raspberries.
- Strawberry yogurt with bananas.
- Pineapple yogurt with coconut.
- Pineapple upside down cake yogurt with cherries and fresh pineapple.
Let me know what other yogurt flavors you would use with this recipe!