Some days, I know exactly what I want to eat. Other days, I stand in front of the open refrigerator and stare. Today fell into the second category. Turkey? No. Cottage cheese? No. Steamed veggies? Nothing sounded quite right. I racked my brain. I wanted something sweet, not too sugary, and with lots of protein. The healthy dessert nachos were born! I mixed up some cinnamon and honey, spread it on two corn tortillas, and grilled them. For the topping, I used my Peanut Butter Paradise Pudding and fresh strawberries. It was delectable!
For the Chips:
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tbs honey (more or less to taste)*
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)*
*This is an approximate amount. I simply stirred honey and cinnamon together until it looked like a good amount.
- Spray a frying pan with non-stick spray and begin warming it over high heat.
- Mix the cinnamon and honey.
- Using a spoon, spread the honey-cinnamon mixture evenly onto one side of the tortillas.
- Use scissors to cut the tortillas into triangles.
- Place tortillas, honey-side-up, onto hot pan and allow to cook 3-5 minutes, until crisp. The bottom side should be lightly browned.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and dips.