According to the National Peanut Board, “Americans consume on average over 1.5 billion pounds of peanut butter and peanut products each year.” I do my fair share to keep that number strong. Peanut butter cookies, peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter on a spoon—I can’t get enough of the stuff. Today’s recipe will let you eat an entire batch of peanut butter no-bake cookies for breakfast completely guilt-free. What could make a day better than starting it off with milk and cookies?
Instead of working in the office on Fridays, one of my bosses pays me to clean her house. I couldn’t look completely trashy, however, because I needed to buy groceries afterwards (I’m almost out of oatmeal!!), and I refuse to find myself on peopleofwalmart.com. Therefore, I paired a Banana Republic sleeveless top with thrifted American Eagle shorts and set to work.
Peanut Butter No-Bakes
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbs. peanut butter
- 1-2 tbs. honey (to taste)
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and honey. I would recommend using a glass bowl.
- Microwave on high 45 seconds, until everything is melted and honey is boiling.
- Working quickly, stir in oats and drop by spoonful onto wax paper.
- Let cool before eating. (My dad and I both recommend keeping these in the refrigerator or freezer!)