Elvis is associated with many things: Bejeweled white suits; big, black hair; “Thank ya’, thank ya’ very much;” impromptu weddings; “Love Me Tender”; rock-n-roll; “Jailhouse Rock;” the pelvic thrust; velvet; etc.
Elvis’ mom is the one who must be remembered, however, for she is the one who fed him Peanut-Butter-Banana Sandwiches, and, in turn, made them famous. For a unique twist on this tasty combination, try the recipe below.
- 2 corn tortillas (or flour, whole-wheat, or oatmeal tortillas)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- one banana (can be sliced or mashed)
- 2 tbs. peanut butter
- Additional peanut butter and cinnamon for topping
- Coat a small frying pan with nonstick spray, and heat it over medium heat.
- Using the back of a spoon, evenly spread the honey on one side of both tortillas and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place the tortillas on the warm pan honey-side up.
- Fill each tortilla with 1 tbs. peanut butter and 1/2 banana. Roll the tortilla around the filling to form a burrito.
- Once the burritos are warm, transfer them to a plate.
- If you want a “wet” burrito, smear peanut butter on the top of your burritos and wait a few moments for it to melt.