Being in the mood for a light, summery dessert, I whipped up this no-bake pie. The raw crust is nutty, crumbly, and adds amazing texture to the creamy filling. All the ingredients are extremely versatile Raisins and dates can be substituted with any dried fruit. Almonds can be replaced with walnuts, cashews, or any other nut of choice. There are numerous instant pudding flavors, and the toppings are limitless. Have fun playing with different flavors, and tell me your favorites!
No Bake Pudding Pie
Raw Crust Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup oats
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- Instant pudding mix of choice (I used sugar-free cheesecake)
- In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients. The texture should be mealy, but not chunky.
- Press the crust mixture into a pie pan and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the milk and pudding mix for two minutes with a whisk. Cover and chill for at least five minutes.
- When you are ready to assemble your pie, spread the pudding mixture into the pie crust and top as desired.
What pie flavors do you want to try?