Oh. My. Word.
What just went in my mouth?
Is food in Heaven going to taste that good?
Those were the first three things that I thought when I took a bite of these scrumptious apple cookie bars. You have to try them. Like right now. Quit reading and get baking!
Apple Cookie Bars
- 1 apple
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 2/3 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2/3 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice apple into the tiniest pieces imaginable. If you think they are small enough, cut them in half again.
- Grind almonds in a food processor until the it just begins to make a flour-like texture. You don’t want huge chunks, but you want the pieces to be distinct.
- Combine apples, almonds, oil, and cinnamon.
- Whisk the egg.
- Add egg and coconut to apple mixture.
- Spread mixture onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes (depending on how well-done you like your cookies).
You can cut these into granola bars, cookies, or crumble topping for yogurt or ice cream.