Although I am from a town that claims to be the BBQ capital of the world, I am not a huge fan of pulled pork barbecue sandwiches. However, I found myself in the mood for some extra-flavorful veggies today, and these BBQ “fries” hit the spot. The tangy BBQ flavor mixed nicely with the sweet carrots to create a simple mid-afternoon snack.
The recipe below is for a single serving, but it could easily be multiplied to be served as a side-dish. Also, most people would probably prefer a stronger BBQ flavor; feel free to add more BBQ sauce!
BBQ Carrot Fries
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 tsp. BBQ Sauce (or more)
- 1/8 tsp. chives
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice carrots into 3-inch by 1/4-inch fries.
- In a plastic bag, combine all ingredients. Shake well so that the carrots are well coated.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and arrange carrots in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Eat and enjoy!
What is your hometown known for?