It’s been too long. How long? A whole month!! I haven’t posted an oatmeal recipe in a whole month!
Don’t be too alarmed; I’ve been eating oatmeal. I have even created some new recipes. I just failed to write them down and take pictures.
In honor of my return from the oatmeal-less underworld, I am blazing a new path for myself: savory oatmeal. I’ve always been a sweet, fruity oatmeal person, but I really wanted something savory this morning. I racked my brain for a delicious sounding flavor, and I came up with this Thai-inspired savory oatmeal.
Don’t let the odd combination of Italian, American, Asian, and Latin flavors scare you. They all come together to create what could possibly be my favorite oatmeal yet. Go ahead. Try a bite.
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbs. Italian dressing
- 1 tbs. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. soy
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring water, dressing, peanut butter, honey and soy to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in oatmeal and ginger
- Continue to boil 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and top with red pepper flakes, if desired
What is your opinion of savory oatmeal?