On my way to college of Friday, I stopped at a thrift store. What better way to relieve the back-to-school blues than shopping? Some people don’t understand my love of thrift stores; they view second-hand shops as dirty, cheap, and difficult. However, there is no where I would rather shop than a decent thrift store. Here are ten reasons that Goodwill is my go-to.
Top Ten Reasons to Buy Second-Hand Clothing
- You will save a TON of money—why pay more?
- It is good for the environment
- You can get clothes that no one else will have–no more matching the girl across the room!
- You can buy more clothes because you are paying less per item
- You can alter the clothes without the fear of ruining an expensive piece (yay! refashioning!)
- It is fun to dig through bins, rifle through racks, and peruse shelves. I love the hunt!
- You will get a good laugh at some of the ridiculous items you find.
- Thrift shops are a great place to people-watch.
- College students often consign their clothes—you are paying for someone’s education!
- Most of my favorite pieces are second-hand. (Like the awesome J. Crew rain boots that I bought Friday for $5)