During a stressful week of classes, work, and volleyball, my college pantry took a serious beating. I was hitting the bottom of the raisin container, rationing my last few peanuts, and completely out of peanut butter. It was time for an Aldi run.
As you know, I live a
cheap frugal life. That is why I adore Aldi! Below I have listed some healthy, yummy Aldi products that are great to keep in your dorm room.
- Natural Peanut Butter ($1.49 per 16 oz. container)
- Cottage Cheese ($2.29 per 24 oz. container)
- Yogurt ($.39 per 6 oz. container)
- Multigrain Bread ($1.69 per 20 oz. loaf)
- Roasted Turkey ($2.99 for 14 oz.)
- Black Beans ($.59 per 15.5 oz. can)
- Pineapple Lunch Snacks ($1.49 for four 4 oz. cups)
Aldi also has a great selection of fresh produce. I don’t keep much produce in my room, but when I am home, my family buys peppers, bananas, sweet potatoes, blueberries, strawberries, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and various other pieces of produce at Aldi.
Because I bummed a ride off my brother, I also received some much-needed venting time on this Aldi run. Food, fellowship, and frugality. What a great ending to a long week.
“A friend loves you all the time, and a brother helps in time of trouble.” –Proverbs 17:17