Happy Fall, y’all! What better way to inaugurate autumn than with a pumpkin recipe?
pumpkin is one of the best things about fall. I eat it year round, but something just feels right about eating pumpkin in fall.
Flavored breads are another of my favorite fall things. It seems like the fall and winter holidays bring out all the tasty banana breads, apple breads, sweet potato breads, and zucchini breads. So don’t get stuck eating plain sandwich bread this week at work; be creative! Experiment a little with the flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Using a fork, lightly stir together flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well mixed
- Create a “well” in the middle of the flour mixture and fill it with eggs, oil, applesauce, honey, and vanilla
- Gently stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture
- Fold in pumpkin and walnuts
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
What is your favorite bread flavor?