“If you like to talk to tomatoes,
If a squash can make you smile,
If you like to waltz with potatoes,
Up and down the produce aisle…”
Then you’re gonna’ love this smoothie!
As a kid, VeggieTales was one of my favorite video series. Larry the Cucumber, Bob the Tomato, Jr. Asparagus, and Laura Carrot always made me smile.
Now, I am more of a veggie-eater than a veggie-watcher, but I still throw random VeggieTales quotes into every day conversation.
And are you prepared to deal with that? I don’t think so!
Before I proceed with the rest of this post, I would like us to take a moment of silence to mourn the end of berry season.
Don’t fret; I have some good news! The delicious smoothie posted above was made with FROZEN berries. You can make this tasty veggie and fruit smoothie any time of the year.
But before I share the recipe with you, I have one more piece of advice…
Beware of grapes with wooden mallets.
Blueberry Cucumber Smoothie
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2/3 cup to 1 cup frozen blueberries
- If using oatmeal, I recommend soaking the oatmeal in milk overnight
- Combine oatmeal (if using), milk, cucumber, and blueberries in a blender until smooth
- Transfer to a glass and drink