I found myself dropping quarters into the man’s hand. What was I thinking? Everyone knows that quarters are a precious commodity to college students. Well, I may have to combine some laundry loads, but at least the mini pumpkins would look festive on my counter.
They hadn’t been sitting there more than two hours before I grasped my trusty table knife and made the stab. Surely I was out of my mind. You use seeds from big pumpkins when you want to toast them, and you do so in an oven. This was going to end badly.
Somehow, it worked…
“Toasted” Pumpkin Seeds
- Fresh pumpkin seeds
- Cinnamon to Taste
- Press the pumpkin seeds between layers of paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Combine cinnamon and dried seeds in a sealable container and shake until the seeds are well-coated.
- Lay pumpkin seeds n a flat layer on a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave one minute.
- Microwave thirty seconds.
- Continue microwaving in thirty second intervals until seeds begin popping.
- Let cool, eat, and enjoy!