And just like that, another month has come to a close. To finish out October, I asked Kloe from Kloe’s Kitchen to be my Closing Comrade.
Although I have never met Kloe personally, I am sure that we would be good friends. We both love to run, play volleyball, cook, play the piano, eat oatmeal, and craft. I sort of think that I might be her unknown older sister 🙂 If you aren’t already following Kloe’s adorable blog, you can check it out here.
Now let’s see what Kloe has for us…
Oatmeal Cookie Bars
First off, I want to thank Kat for inviting me to guest post! Kat is such a fun person, and we have so many things in common: Mandie mysteries, Narnia, rain boots, goodwill shopping, a serious love for oats, and a heart for Jesus! It has been such fun to get to know her better through her blog. I have never guest posted before either so this is an exciting new adventure for me, too!
Now, for a recipe I knew we both would enjoy…..It has oats in it which makes it amazing. It also has some chocolate in it, which makes it even more amazing! 🙂 These cookie bars are extremely versatile. You can really put whatever mix-ins you want. I did a whole hodge-podge of half used bags from the pantry. I think some good old chocolate chips would be perfect with the oatmeal flavor, though.
I got this recipe off of http://www.crazyforcrust.com/. I can never get enough of her recipes. Make sure you visit her and give her some traffic!Loaded Oatmeal Blondies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups of mix-ins (I used a combination of chocolate chips, M&Ms, butterscotch chips, and white chocolate chips. Use whatever you have lurking in your pantry. Any combination works!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. (Foil is optional; I like using it for easy removal.)
- Cream brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Mix in salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add flour and mix until combined. Stir in oats. Stir in your mix-ins.
- Press into prepared pan (dough is sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to your hands). If you want, you can sprinkle a few more of your mix-ins on the top to make them look prettier (as I did with the mini M&Ms in the pictures).
- Bake for about 25 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook – the center will still be jiggly when you take these out of the oven and they will finish cooking and firming up as they cool.) Cool completely before slicing into squares.
For more on this recipe visit: http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/05/loaded-oatmeal-blondies/
Enjoy and thank you, Kat!
Looks delicious Kloe! Anything with oatmeal and cinnamon is a hit in my book! I love how versatile it is, too. I can’t wait to try out this recipe loaded with of coconut, pecans, and walnuts.
If you are interested in doing a guest post for part of my Closing Comarderies series, you can email me or comment on this post 🙂 I look forward to hearing from you!