If you happen to just feel lazy this beautiful Monday morning, then don’t worry with a difficult breakfast recipe. Rely on your good, pre-made friend known as “apple butter” to do all the flavoring work. If you are feeling especially energetic, however, take the time to stir in some vanilla and top the concoction with walnuts.
Sweet Potato Butter Oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 1 tbs. sweet potato butter
- walnuts, for topping
- Bring water to boil
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in oatmeal. Boil five minutes.
- While the oatmeal is boiling, stir in vanilla extract and sweet potato butter
- When you are pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer it to a bowl and top it with walnuts.
- Eat and enjoy!