“What is wrong with the VCR?!” my younger self questioned one morning as I watched The Price is Right.
My brother looked at me confused. “What do you mean? It’s working fine.”
“Yeah, but it’s not showing the time anymore!” I exclaimed. “There are just four vertical lines!”
My brother didn’t answer. A moment later, the clock read 11:12, and I realized my own stupidity.
I now have the habit of making wishes at 11:11. I know that a certain time of day has no merit when requesting miracles, but for some reason, I continue to wish.
Today is 11/11. That means that at 11:11, it will be 11:11, 11/11. Blow on some candles, toss a coin in the well, and make a wish.
10 wishes from college classmates:
1. …my research paper was done.
2. …that man could see as God sees.
3. …it would snow.
4. …to see my family.
5. …I had an A in Dr. Hullinger’s class.
6. …class was cancelled today.
7. …I had a roommate.
8. …I had slept longer last night.
9. …the cafeteria served Bojangles chicken.
10. …I could fly.
What do you wish?