When you are away from those you love, a piece of mail can make all the difference. Even if you are able to talk to friends and family on the phone, via email, or using social media, there is still something special about receiving a thoughtful, tangible message in your physical mailbox. One day when I checked my school mailbox, I was delighted to find an envelope with my house as the return address. Upon opening it, I found a small pile of puzzle pieces. I quickly put the puzzle together to read a verse that my mom had written down for me: “I cease not to pray for you.” I taped the puzzle together and put it on display in my dorm room as a reminder that my family loves me and is praying for me.
When skies are gray, bring your own sunshine. Eat on a yellow plate. Pick radiant flowers. Make bright foods. Read the cheery notes from your loved ones.
Upside Down Banana Mug Cake
- 1 banana (1/2 mashed, 1/2 sliced)
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- splash of vanilla almond milk
- In a small bowl, combine mashed banana, cinnamon, oatmeal, and milk
- Spray a mug with nonstick spray
- Line the bottom of the mug with sliced banana
- Cover the sliced banana with the oatmeal mixture
- Microwave on high 1 – 1.5 minutes
- Let cool 1 minute
- Place a plate upside-down over the mug and flip the cake onto the plate
- Eat and enjoy!
What letters have meant the most to you over the years?