What do you do when you have reached the end of your week and are in desperate need of groceries? Make oatmeal with what you have.
Banana Cream Stovetop Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats, soaked
- 3/4 cup water + more for soaking oats
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana, chunked
- cinnamon (for topping, optional)
- Place oats in a bowl and cover with water
- Combine 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup milk, and banana in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Drain oatmeal
- Stir drained oatmeal into boiling mixture
- Return to boil
- Reduce heat to medium
- Continue to boil until you are pleased with the consistency (about 5 minutes for me)
- Transfer to bowl and top with cinnamon
- Eat and enjoy!