The pay is average. Kids don’t always listen. The “benefits” are nonexistent.
So why work at a daycare?
There are many reasons. Below are my top ten.
Ten Reasons I Love My Job
1. My coworkers are wonderful.
2. I get to color.
3. My boss rocks.
4. The kids make me laugh.
(remind me to tell you the story sometime about a shoe, sprinkles, and a broom…that day was an adventure!)
5. Working weekends is unheard of.
6. Some stores will give me a teacher’s discount.
7. I’m not going to lie–I like getting paid.
8. I have the opportunity to influence children.
9. Occasionally, I get to act like a little kid.
10. The hours generally work well with my classes.