Although I made this recipe and originally wrote this post on December 17, I have been saving it for a day that I felt it was appropriate to talk about tropical fruit and toasted coconut. Since spring has officially begun (and it’s been over three months since I made the recipe), I thought that it was about time to address the subject at hand.
Cookie cups!! Using my 2-ingredient cookie recipe, I made simple cookie cups and filled them with…
Tropical fruit! Yum! These cookie cups make a great, snack for a warm day when you are just feeling summer-y!
Cookie Cups with Tropical Fruit Filling
Ingredients (for one snack-size serving–this recipe can easily be multiplied):
- 1/4 cup oats, ground into a course flour
- 1/4 banana
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup frozen fruit
- toasted coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly spray mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, combine ground oats, banana, and vanilla until dough forms.
- Divide dough into four equal balls and place in prepared muffin tin.
- Press dough to the sides of the tin to form cups.
- Bake for five minutes.
- In a food processor, puree 1/4 cup frozen tropical fruit.
- Once the cookie cups have finished cooking, remove them from the pan and fill with fruit mixture. Top with toasted coconut, if desired.
- Eat and enjoy.
Happy Fiesta Friday!