Do you ever get stuck in a food rut? You know what I mean. You cook chicken the same way over and over. Or you eat the same thing for dinner for a week. It happens to all of us. Don’t feel bad.
I am here to save you by posting THREE different ways to cook a single, simple ingredient: acorn squash.
I know, I know…acorn squash is a winter squash. Yet, here we are in June, and I am planning to present three different ways to serve this vegetable…out of season. I’m sorry. Will you forgive me?
Turkey and Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/2 granny smith apple, grated
- 1 slice turkey, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- Chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pour about 1/2 inch of water in a medium baking dish
- Place the squash, cut side down, in the pan
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix together the apple, turkey, spices, and pecans
- Once the squash has baked for 30 minutes, turn the cut side upwards, and fill it with the apple-turkey mixture
- Return to oven and bake an additional 30-45 minutes, until squash is soft
- Remove from oven, let cool, eat, and enjoy