For my second acorn squash recipe, I decided to mimic one of my favorite dishes: garlic mashed potatoes. I was skeptical at first of boiling the squash instead of roasting it. However, it cooked much quicker, and the final product was amazing.
Garlic Mashed Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash, seeded
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop squash into cubes. You can peel the squash first or you can peel it after cooking.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil.
- Add squash.
- Return to a boil and reduce to medium heat.
- Cook 10-15 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Drain squash.
- On a cutting board, use a fork to mash the squash. If you have not already peeled it, do so now.
- Mix in garlic, salt, pepper, and chives.
- Serve warm.