When I tasted this oatmeal, I was a bit disappointed that it did not taste more squash-y. In my opinion, it tastes just like any other bowl of oatmeal with nutmeg, vanilla, and cinnamon (not that I’m complaining–I do love oatmeal!). However, the texture was thicker and creamier. As I ate, the bowl seemed unending – I just kept eating, and eating, and eating…
Acorn Squash Oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup cooked acorn squash (unseasoned)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Bring water to a boil.
- Stir in oats and reduce heat to medium. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in squash and return to boil.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes, or until you are pleased with the consistency.
- Transfer to bowl, eat, and enjoy!
Flavor-wise, my favorite recipe was the garlic mashed acorn squash. Which recipe was your favorite?
What should I experiment with next?