I have a secret disability that might just amaze you. I cannot fly back home from a trip without some sort of extreme difficulty. I have sprinted for closing terminals, spent extra nights with family, and been escorted through customs by airport staff. My return trip from working at Camp in the City was no different.
Although I was at the airport hours early, my plane was hours late. As a result, I missed my connecting flight and found myself with some empty nighttime hours in the Dallas airport. Summoning my inner Viktor Navorski (as played by Tom Hanks), I decided to make the best of a bad situation.
Ten Activities to Occupy Your Time in the Dallas Airport between 9 pm and 5 am
1. Eat at Qdoba in terminal A; it is open 24 hours a day.
2. Lock yourself in a bathroom and repack your suitcase.
3. Pray for safety. A lot.
4. Journal about the great adventure you are enjoying.
5. Watch the Einstein Bro’a advertisement reel like it is an actual television show.
6. Read God’s Word.
7. Talk to other over-night airport citizens. I met a lady returning home from a destination wedding in Puerto Rico and a friendly worker at Einstein Bros who Recently moved to Dallas from Chicago.
9. Try to sleep with an eye open.
10. Enjoy it. Really, that is your only option.