School starts back this month, meaning that mornings are about to become hectic for families across the country. When mornings are crazy, it is easy to reach for a microwaveable, portable meal. Let me give you some options:
Each option can be reheated in seconds and will keep you energized through the morning. Yes, the first option is easy, but the second option is cheaper, homemade, and all-natural. What makes the second option even better is that there are only two necessary ingredients, but you can add your own spices to customize the taste.
So how can you make these grab-and-go breakfast muffins? Check out this recipe right here:
Grab and Go Egg Muffins
The base for one muffin:
- 1 egg
- 1 slice cooked bacon
- Shredded cheese
- Garlic powder
- Chopped vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Whisk eggs.
- Stir in bacon and any mix-ins.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Then freeze in an airtight container.
- Before eating, microwave muffins for about 1 minute.
**I recommend making a large batch of these and keeping them on hand for hasty mornings