People tell me it’s possible, but I don’t believe them. They tell me that they never eat breakfast, and lunch is their first meal everyday, but I am convinced that they are either (a) lying, (b) crazy, (c) confused, or (d) all of the above.
For one thing, breakfast has to be the best meal of the day. Why would you want to skip it? I mean, aatmeal is considered a breakfast food. Enough said. (And for everyone who isn’t an oatmeal-addict, there’s always bacon, eggs, grits, sausage, hasbrowns, yogurt, etc.)
Additionally, I wake up hungry almost every single morning.
All that being said, I guess no one truly skips breakfast since the whole idea of “breakfast” is that you “break a fast.” Really, the first thing you eat on any given day is breakfast.
Even with breakfast, I am hungry again by the end of my first class. I have found that eating 1-2 of these protein-packed cookies between classes can tie me over until lunch. Since they require no oven or stove, I can mix up a batch quickly and have enough cookies to last me a week. And even if you “skip breakfast,” you can still enjoy one of these before lunch 🙂 .
No-Bake Protein Cookies
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup oatmeal
- In a medium bowl, mix milk and protein powder until a smooth batter forms.
- Microwave peanut butter for about thirty seconds. Stir peanut butter into the protein and milk.
- Mix oatmeal into batter.
- Form 6-8 cookie-dough balls. Press them onto a plate.
- Freeze for at least thirty minutes.
- Eat and enjoy. (Store uneaten cookies in the refrigerator for up to a week.)
Are you a breakfast eater? What is your favorite mid-morning snack?