I really like cookies.
If the number of cookies I eat directly correlates to the number of unpleasant moments I experience, then one could assume that I am regularly unhappy.
Thankfully, I eat cookies whether I am happy or sad, pleasant or unpleasant. The only thing better than eating cookies may be baking cookies for someone else. There is something so calming about mixing brown sugar, eggs, and flour. I love scooping small balls of dough onto the cookie sheet (and eating the raw dough that doesn’t quite fit). The crinkle of parchment paper is a joyous sound. Yes, I love cookies and baking.
But where does one store endless hordes of cookies (other than their stomach)? A cookie jar of course!
Since I love crafting almost as much as I love baking, I made my own cookie jar to house my favorite treats.
- 1 large empty plastic container (I used a protein powder container, but you could also use a pretzel container or buy a container at Wal-mart).
- Tempra paint in contrasting colors
- Sponge, cut into a V shape
- Completely paint the outside of the container in a solid color. Let dry.
- Using the V-shaped sponge, lightly paint chevrons around the top and bottom of the container. These V-shapes will only serve as a guide for the next step, so they do not have to be perfect.
- Use a brush to completely paint the V-shaped marks. Add a row of polka-dots between the two chevron rows.
- Let dry.
- Fill with delicious cookies!