The sun was shining. Schoolwork was minimal. Friends were nearby. Work was easy. In every aspect, last week should have been a good week. But, for some reason, I was in a bit of a funk. I don’t know if anyone around me noticed, but my mind was distracted. I felt plagued.
Yet God is gracious. On Thursday, a radio program reminded me to meditate on God’s Word because my thoughts will direct my life. Below are ten verses that helped me through last week.
- Galatians 5:1 – We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong. Do not change and go back into the slavery of the law.
- I Timothy 4:14a – Do not neglect the gift that is in you…
- Ephesians 2:10 – For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which He hath before ordained.
- Psalm 139:14 – I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well.
- II Timothy 1:7 – God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control.
- Philippians 4:6 – Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks.
- Psalm 119:9 –How can a young person live a pure life? By obeying your word.
- Matthew 6:31-33 – Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ The people who don’t know God keep trying to get these things, and your Father in heaven knows you need them. Seek first God’s kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well.
- Psalm 119:11 – I have hidden You Word in my heart so that I will not sin against you.
- Psalm 66:9 – He protects our lives and does not let us be defeated.
What verse does God use to comfort you?