I pose the question: Is it possible to beat an egg for so long that it defies gravity?
Yes. Here is photographic proof:
What is even more amazing is that this egg can become a cookie with the addition of one other ingredient.
- 1 egg white
- 1.5 tbs honey
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice (optional, for flavor)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk all ingredients with a hand mixer on high until the eggs form “stiff peaks.”
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using two spoons, place meringues on pan in small dallops.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned.