Every week, The Oatmeal Artist posts a roundup of oatmeal recipes and Instagram pics, often based on an announced theme. This week, her theme is vegetables. I may have gone a little crazy…
Here’s all the vegetable-oatmeal dishes I made:
- Apple-Cinnamon Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Mug Cake (the recipe I am posting now)
- Mac-n-Cheese Oatmeal using vegetable pasta (recipe coming next Friday)
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies (using Amy’s recipe)
- Orange Dreamsicle Green Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl (recipe coming eventually…)
What can I say? I love oatmeal, and I love a challenge!
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Topping ideas: cream cheese, raisins, walnuts, shredded carrot, coconut
- Chop the carrot into several large chunks. Grind carrot and oatmeal in the food processor until it forms a course flour.
- Add orange juice, baking soda, and cinnamon to the food processor. Pulse 4-5 times to combine all ingredients.
- Coat a single-serve ramekin or a mug with nonstick spray. Pour batter into mug.
- Microwave for two minutes. Let cool.
- Decorate with desired toppings.
- Eat and enjoy!