As promised last week, I am bringing you a very unique oatmeal recipe today.
Just when you though that I couldn’t put together a weirder oatmeal combination, I decided to pair oatmeal with my favorite childhood food: macaroni and cheese.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup pasta
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbs shredded cheese (I used a cheddar and monterey jack blend)
- pinch of paprika (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and continue to boil 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in oatmeal. Continue to boil for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cottage cheese, shredded cheese.
- Transfer to bowl. Top with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Eat and enjoy.