As an education major, some of our required assignments are nothing more than gathering materials to use in our classrooms. In the present age, a list of web-based games is considered a necessary material. Here are ten of my favorite games that I have found this year.
- Analogies – Students must determine which word correctly completes the analogies. Words will only appear twice, so they need to think quickly!
- Guess the Homonym –
SumSome students have a hard thymetime trying too twoto determine the writeright homophone or distinguish between homonyms. This game can help.
- Food Chain Game – As students learn about all the components of a biome’s food web, this game can help them review and practice putting producers, consumers, and decomposers in order.
- Photosynthesis Respiration Game – This game leads students step-by-step through the process of human cell respiration and plant cell photosynthesis. Students must truly understand both concepts to successfully play the game.
- 50 States Map Quiz Game – Test your students’ knowledge of United States Geography with this map quiz.
- America on the Move – Perhaps the greatest evidence of our world’s advances is in the realm of transportation. America on the Move provides three different games that help children learn about the history of transportation.
- Fruit Shoot Fractions – This game, reminiscent of Fruit Ninja, requires students to “shoot” the answer to a fraction addition problem. Because there are many levels, students of many different grades can play the game.
- Pre-Algebra Addition Shootout – Children who love soccer will enjoy choosing their goalkeeper, jersey color, an skill level before solving a variety of simple algebraic equations.
- Arthur’s Lunch-o-Matic – This tray needs some Vitamin A! Students must choose the food that fits the cafeteria worker’s description. The game will help children learn the benefits of eating a variety of foods.
- Blast Off! – Children’s bodies are just like rocket ships–they need fuel! In this game, students fill their plate with a wide variety of foods to get enough fuel for an active day.