I truly love being an RA at my small college. God has blessed me with an amazing group of girls that desire to serve God above all else. They all get along so well and encourage me regularly–I am so spoiled!
Since the residents on my hall spoil me by being so cooperative and amiable, I spoil them with homemade goodies. They were a little skeptical at first of these unconventional cookie bars, but the whole pan disappeared within a matter of seconds.
**Note – Pictures were taken of a half-batch
- 2/3 cup butter flavored Crisco (or butter)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp watermelon flavored powdered drink mix (such as Kool-aid)
- 1 1/2 cup Sour Patch Watermelon (Not quite two 8 oz. bags)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together Crisco and sugars
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and drink mix into butter-sugar-egg mixture
- Cut candies in half. Stir into cookie batter
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Press dough into pan
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes
- Cool completely in pan
- Cut into 24 bars (about 3 x 1 1/2 inches each)
- Eat and enjoy!