This weekend, I am starting my second summer of working as a camp photographer. Unlike last summer, I have not pre-written posts to appear while I am gone. Don’t be surprised if this blog is silent until mid-August.
I am incredibly excited to see what the Lord has in store as I help a team of about 30 college students re-create camp at churches in Texas and Louisiana. I know that the Lord has planned wonderful things that will shape the lives of the workers and children each week.
Although I do not think that pieces of paper can predict what the next few months hold, I have opened some fortune cookies with interesting messages lately. Here is what some unknown writer thinks will happen to me this summer.
- You do not have to worry about your future.
- The skills you have gathered will one day come in handy.
- Traveling to the west will bring you unexpected happiness. (Ignore the fact that they spelled traveling wrong)
- You will be rewarded for your efforts.
- You will become an accomplished writer.
- You will bring sunshine into someone’s life.
- Your virtues are priceless treasures.
- The best teacher is also a student.
- Find outlets that satisfy your creative side.
- Your past successes will be overshadowed by your future success.
Camp in the City, here I come!