If I’m being honest, this isn’t even really a recipe. It came about because the Oatmeal Artist’s weekly theme was overnight oats, and I wanted desperately to participate on Instagram. My family had just returned from our speedy vacation, and the only fresh fruit in the house was an overripe banana (which tastes great but doesn’t take very pretty pictures) and some neglected limes in the bottom of the fridge.
I must say–if nothing else, Lauren’s weekly themes have challenged my creativity and food photography skills.
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tbs. shredded coconut
- 2 tbs. cashew pieces
- lime zest and wedges, optional
- Combine water and oatmeal in a microwaveable container. Microwave 1 minute.
- Transfer oatmeal to an airtight container and add lime juice. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Spread coconut and cashews on the pan in a single layer.
- Cook coconut and cashews in preheated for a about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove oatmeal from the refrigerator and stir, adding water or milk if necessary. If desired, microwave oatmeal for an additional 30-60 seconds.
- Top oatmeal with lime zest or wedges and toasted coconut and cashews.
- Eat and enjoy.