I am deeming it sweet potato week. Why? Just because I can.
Sweet potatoes are nice, and they think you are nice.
Don’t worry. This isn’t going to be a week of nothing but recipes. I am hoping to cover as many of my “lives” as possible.
To start our sweet potato celebrations, I am going to show you how to make sweet potato people. This is an activity that I used during my Children’s Literature class as a follow-up to telling a folk tale. My class loved it, and it is great to use with children of all ages.
- One sweet potato per student (regular potatoes would work too)
- A handout for each student
- Allow each student to color and cut out a few body parts.
- Use glue and toothpicks to attach the body body parts to the potato. Some younger students may need help.
- Display your Sweet Potatoes People.