Saturday evening after supper, I was successfully avoiding real schoolwork.
To begin, I downloaded a bunch of “educational” apps so that I could “review” them for my Educational Technology class (actually I just enjoy playing children’s games). In between trying to create mathematical sentences and type parts of speech, I decided to scroll through my drafts folder.
Lo and behold, I have multiple recipes waiting to be shared. I hope you enjoy National Apple Month with these apple cinnamon bites.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 apple, diced
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- extra sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahernheit.
- Combine milk and lemon juice. Let sit while completing the next two steps.
- In a separate bowl, mix together first seven ingredients (flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon)
- Stir in applesauce and diced apple.
- Add vanilla to milk and lemon juice mixture.
- Gradually add wet mixture to dry mixture until completely combined into a sticky dough.
- Coat brownie pan and insert with nonstick spray. Evenly spread dough into the pan. Press the insert into the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Set oven to broil. Sprinkle sugar over pan and broil for two minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan.
- Eat and enjoy with a glass of milk!