If you do not know what someone wants for Christmas, get them food.
This seems to be the general consensus of most Americans, and I believe that it usually works well. As a teacher, my mom received piles of cookies, cakes, and treats from her students, and my family never complained about this multitude of desserts.
One of our favorites, chocolate covered pretzels, is the inspiration for today’s recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- sweetener to taste
- handful of pretzels
- In a small saucepan, bring water and vanilla to a boil.
- Stir in oatmeal and banana. Return to a boil and stir in cocoa powder and sweetener.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook until you are pleased with the consistency (probably around five minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in pretzels.
- Eat immediately (no one wants soggy pretzels!).