Looks like today will be full of apologies.
1. I am sorry that I have posted so little this month. Although I spend all of my spare time writing, I doubt that y’all want to read a month’s worth of 5th-grade lesson plans.
2. I am sorry that it is the end of National Oatmeal Month, and I am just now sharing an oatmeal recipe. I actually planned this recipe before Christmas, but I didn’t make it until Saturday.
3. I am sorry that there are so few pictures (and that the pictures are so bad). I made this recipe at home, but my camera was at school. In my rush to eat the oatmeal, I didn’t realize that the white balance on my phone-camera was really off. These are the only two photos that were somewhat salvageable.
Now that all of those issues are out of the way, let’s eat some oatmeal!
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup marshmallows
- 1 graham cracker sheet
- 1 fun size Hershey bar
- Combine oatmeal and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 45 seconds.
- Stir in 1/2 of the marshmallows. Microwave an additional 30 seconds.
- Top with remaining marshmallows, crushed graham cracker, and chocolate bar.