This is the bag of a student teacher.
It is capacious, sturdy, colorful, and (like every good school bag) eats school supplies.
You can tell a lot about a person based off of what is in their bag. For example, if you were to look into my bag, you would learn…
- That I have lots of plans–so many that I have two planners.
- That I will be guiding the class through several science experiments this week..and that certain people in my family eat lots of peanut butter (me) and drink lots of coffee (Mom).
- That I lead a lot of guided reading groups. A lot.
- That I am always prepared for the rain.
- That I am about to teach a unit on the Civil war…
- and that I need to make a lot of copies before we can start that unit.
- That I only have one textbook (although I teach 5 subjects), and it is older than my students.
- That I explained number 7 on the math worksheet very poorly, and I have not determined yet how I will grade it.
- That I color code my lesson plans with different colored pens.
- That I still like to decorate my notebooks as if I was in middle school and that I see student teaching as a grand adventure.