Now that I have my diploma in hand, I have a confession.
I am not the best at staying on task–especially when it comes to school work. Don’t get me wrong–I took very detailed notes in class, and I aced all of the tests. However, at any given moment, I usually had 3-4 extra tabs open that had nothing to do with whatever assignment I was *supposedly* working on.
Although semi-attentiveness is not a skill that you should try to master, I was able to completely finish several assignments while listening to lectures in other classes. I was also able to research a lot of recipe ideas while creating presentations. This recipe was one of them.
The original recipe from which this is adapted was called Coconut Bliss Bars, and it did not include nut butter. Sadly, the website where I found this seems to have vanished. Thus, it is vital that I share this recipe with the world! The recipe cannot be lost again!
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Coconut Macaroon Blended Nut Butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Whisk eggs. Stir coconut and vanilla into eggs.
- Microwave chocolate chips and nut butter for 10 seconds. Add to egg mixture.
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Set oven to broil and finish cooking the bars for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let cool.
- Eat and enjoy!