It’s September, and you know what that means.
If you leave your house in the next three months, you can expect to see pumpkin flavored everything–Oreos, Cheerios, M&Ms, ice cream. Lest you think that you can stay home and avoid the orange overtake, I should warn you that Instagram will be covered with Pumpkin Spice Latte images.
If you can’t beat them, join them.
I joined the masses and pre-ordered Blind Spot’s seasonal flavor: pumpkin pie. Before the box arrived on my doorstep, I knew what I wanted to make for September.
Because the Pumpkin Pie nutbutter already has so much flavor, this granola can be made with only three ingredients.
Now you have a choice to make. You can try to avoid the pumpkin spice takeover that is or you can make some granola.
For me, the choice was simple.
Pumpkin Pie Blended Nutbutter Granola
Makes four 1/4-cup servings.
- 3 tbs. Pumpkin Pie Blended Nutbutter
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together cinnamon (optional) and oats.
- Combine nutbutter, honey, and vanilla (optional) in a small bowl. Microwave on high 20 seconds.
- Pour the melted nutbutter and honey mixture over the oats. Stir until the oats are completely coated.
- Spread oats onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes until golden.
- Let cool before eating.