If you give me a coupon, I am more likely to buy something. If you give me a coupon and put the item on sale, it’s a done deal. The product is in my cart.
That’s how I found myself with a box of these chocolate-covered banana slices. I became an immediate fan. The packaged treat was just so convenient as a snack around the house.
…But I wasn’t about to buy another box without a coupon, especially since I knew I could make an enhanced, decorated version at home.
You really only need 2 ingredients for this recipe: bananas and chocolate. If you are feeling festive or fancy, add some crushed nuts, shredded coconut, granola, candy pieces, sprinkles, butterscotch chips, or anything else that would taste good with bananas and chocolate.
- 1 banana, cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- toppings of your choice: crushed nuts, shredded coconut, granola, candy pieces, sprinkles, butterscotch chips, etc. Out of the toppings I have tried, I think that coconut is the best.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Place them in a microwave-safe glass bowl, and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir, and microwave for an additional 20 seconds. Continue to microwave for 20 seconds and stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Pierce each section of banana with a popsicle stick. Dip the banana in chocolate, using a spoon to spread the chocolate evenly.
- Roll the banana in your toppings.
- Place the banana pops on a sheet pan covered with wax paper. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Eat and enjoy!
Do you combine coupons and sales?