When I started planning for National BLT month, I had to Google* a list of foods that begin with the letter T.
…tangelo, tapioca, tamales, tahini…
Seeing tiramisu on the list, I returned to Google. I knew that tiramisu is cake, but I didn’t know what made this cake special.
Here’s what Google told me:
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert consisting of layers of sponge cake soaked in coffee and liqueur with powdered chocolate and mascarpone cheese.
That sounds drool-worthy…and like it would take a long time to make. For those of us who are a little crunched for time , here is my best lazy version.
- 2.5 Tablespoons oat flour
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Coat a microwave-safe mug or ramekin with nonstick spray.
- Pour batter into mug.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
- If you so desire, top with cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Eat and enjoy!
* – when did Google become a verb?