Is there a more classic combination in the USA than peanut butter and jelly? Our children are raised on the sweet sandwich from an early age, and we have translated those flavors to many other treats.
Just walk down the aisles of your grocery store, and you will see peanut butter and jelly flavored cookies, granola, and ice cream. Restaurants even sell peanut butter and jelly burgers. It’s a flavor that almost everyone loves.
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- sliced strawberries for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8 x 8 or 7 x 9 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut oil, peanut butter, honey, egg, and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Fold in oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Drop teaspoons of jelly into the pan. Use a knife to swirl the jelly into the oat mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until oatmeal is cooked through and light golden brown.
- Remove oatmeal from oven and turn off oven.
- Optional: place sliced strawberries on top of the oatmeal and press down lightly. Return the oatmeal to the oven (leaving the oven off) for 15-20 minutes.
- Let oatmeal cool on counter about 1 hour before slicing and removing from the pan.
- Eat and enjoy!