July is National Ice Cream Month
National Ice Cream Month might be my favorite month of all, and this Klondike Bar Cake is probably the best birthday cake I have ever made. Not only is it easy to make and extremely delicious, but it’s also versatile. You could use any Klondike bar + ice cream combination that you like!
Flavor Combination Ideas:
- Reese’s Klondike with chocolate ice cream (that’s what I used!)
- Mint chocolate chip Klondike with chocolate mint ice cream
- Neapolitan Klondike with strawberry ice cream
- Heath Klondike with coffee ice cream
- S’mores Klondike with rocky road ice cream
- Dark chocolate Klondike with black raspberry ice cream
- Rocky road Klondike with butter pecan ice cream
- Krunch Klondike with cinnamon swirl ice cream
…but that’s enough talk. Let’s eat some ice cream cake!
- 5 Klondike bars (flavor of your choice; I used Reeses)
- 5 cups ice cream (flavor of your choice; I used chocolate)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Place two and a half Klondike bars in the bottom of the pan. Press gently to break the chocolate shell.
- Let the ice cream melt slightly. Scoop 2.5 cups of ice cream on top of the Klondike bars. Smooth with an offset spatula.
- Repeat the process, putting two and a half Klondike bars on top of the first layer of ice cream, and finishing with the rest of the ice cream on top.
- Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer and cut into slices.
- Eat and enjoy!
P.S. I am linking up with Angie for Fiesta Friday!