August is National Sandwich Month
August 2 is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day!
I might like ice cream more than I like peanut butter, and that is saying something! So when I find a way to eat ice cream at breakfast, I am overjoyed.
- 1 overripe banana
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Cut 1/2 banana into slices and freeze overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grind oatmeal in food processor until it reaches a course flour-like texture.
- Add the other 1/2 banana and cocoa powder. Blend until it is the texture of cookie dough (it will be thick and sticky.
- Form dough into two balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press lightly to flatten. Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the frozen banana slices in the food processor and blend until it forms a soft-serve ice cream. Return to freezer for 10-15 minutes to harden.
- Scoop ice cream onto one cookie and top with the other cookie. You can eat this immediately, but I like to make it the night before and stick it in the freezer to eat the next morning. In the morning, you will need to let it thaw about 10 minutes.