When I was about ten years old, my best friend’s grandma taught me how to make grilled cheese. I am sure I had made grilled cheese before then, but she taught me the proper steps.
- Butter the pan, not the bread.
- Heat the pan.
- Completely assemble the sandwich before placing it in the warm pan.
- Cook two to three minutes, and use the back of a spatula to smash the sandwich. This is key. I am not sure why, but it is highly important.
- Flip the sandwich and smash again.
- Toss the sandwich onto a plate, and cut it in half.
- Eat it!
For this sweet breakfast grilled cheese, I used raisin bread, cream cheese, and strawberry jelly instead of American cheese and white bread. Other than that, I followed the proper steps for making the perfect grilled cheese.
- 2 slices raisin bread
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jelly
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Melt coconut oil in small fry pan over medium heat and spread to coat.
- Spread cream cheese and jelly on one slice of bread.
- Top with the other slice of bread and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Eat and enjoy!