September is National Honey Month
There’s a lot I could say about these muffins.
I could mention that Super Squirrely was the first Blind Spot Nutbutter flavor that I tried (back in 2016).
I could mention that Blind Spot no longer sells Super Squirrely (I stockpiled), but these muffins would be incredible with any nut butter.
I could mention that I finally found a good place to take food photos at my apartment (the problem is that it’s on a shared patio, so I only use it for photography when the neighbors are gone).
I could mention that I adore my silicone baking cups.
…Or I could just quit talking and let you try this recipe.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flavored nut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a twelve-count muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (oats-salt) and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (applesauce-milk).
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each muffin well halfway. Add 1 teaspoon nut butter and a small drizzle of honey in each muffin and top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until set. Let cool completely before removing from pan.
- Eat end enjoy! You can also freeze these and reheat them for breakfast throughout the week.